Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What's a Probate Litigator?

While preparing an outline for this topic, I searched the usual online data bases for some help in defining a probate litigator. Guess what? I couldn't find anything specific. Rather than pick a different topic, I decided to take a stab at creating a definition. I look forward to reading your constructive comments as I intend to send the finished product to Wikipedia for publication. Here's what I have so far:

Probate litigators are skilled trial attorneys who narrow the scope of their practice to probate related matters, such as contests and disputes involving wills, trusts, estates, powers of attorney, elder abuse, conservatorships and guardianships. Unlike their estate planning cousins, probate litigators usually don't get involved in the structuring, funding or managing of wills, trusts and estate plans. The biggest difference is that litigators are trial attorneys.

I'd like to improve on this definition. Do you have any ideas?

2 comments:

Roberto Allende said...

Wonderful advice. I look forward to reading more.

Anonymous said...

Hey Roberto

I've helped about 1,000 people dealing with these issues. There are only a few of us actually dealing with inheritence theft head on. I am working on a book, which should be finished in about two months. It's titled: Inheritance Theft: A con's guide to your inheritance. It not only brings awareness to this problem, gets into prevention and recovery.